netcat with SCTP support

Martin Kulas coolaz at web.de
Tue Apr 10 18:11:33 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 06:39:01AM -0400, Randall Stewart wrote:

> Thanks for checking out SCTP for netcat... let me
> see if I can re-create this bug with current and figure
> out what is broken... This sounds like a bug with the
> TCP model..

I rewrote netcat's readwrite() to use select() instead of the poll()
systemcall but read() on the network file descriptor still does not
return EOF.  So netcat is not notified that the SCTP association has
been closed.

> So to recreate this.. I set things up run it
> and ctl-c the client?

Yeah.

Starting SCTP server:
$ nc -c -l 127.0.0.1 55555

Starting SCTP client:
$ nc -c 127.0.0.1 55555

Now send a SIGINT (ctl-c) to client or server.  Sending SIGINT using
TCP sockets will terminate the connection immediately and notifing
the other side.

Cheers,
Martin

--