yongari nfe problems

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 00:32:06 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 06:49:42PM +0200, Rainer Hurling wrote:

[...]
 > In "man ehci(4)" I found:
 >
 > -------
 > BUGS
 >      The driver is not finished and is quite buggy.
 >      There is currently no support for isochronous transfers.
 > -------
 >
 > Possibly this could cause the observed "dropouts" of nfe0 from a few
 > seconds till several minutes?

I'm not familiar with ehci(4) but I think it has nothing to do with
missing Tx completion interrupts observed on nfe(4).

 > Is there a knob or option in driver nfe(4) I can use to try classical
 > polling or any 'lower' mode of operation?

Add 'options DEVICE_POLLING' into kernel configuration file and
rebuild your kernel. Use ifconfig(8) to enable/disable polling(4)
feature.
See polling(4) for more detailed description and tuning parameters.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon