Intel DG965SS MB ?

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Fri Oct 27 23:40:24 UTC 2006

At 05:46 PM 10/27/2006, Søren Schmidt wrote:
>Mike Tancsa wrote:
>>Has anyone got this motherboard to work with
>>FreeBSD ?  I tried fiddling with the BIOS but
>>no matter what, 6.2Beta does not see the ad0
>>(PATA drive) nor ad4 (SATA drive)... It never
>>sees the drive, although it does see the controller as a generic IDE controller
>>
>>The intel product code is BOXDG965SSCK
>>
>>Does this motherboard work in 7.x ?
>Dont know that exact board,but the Gigabyte
>965P- DS3 I've got here with the same chipset works fine.
>The SATA ports on the ICH8 are fully supported and should work on any board.
>However the ICH8 has *no* PATA port, so the PATA
>port on mine is a JMicron chip which we support
>including its extra 2 SATA ports.
>Some Intel boards use Marvell chips that should
>work as generic but early reports seems to indicate that is not the case.

Hmmmm, I think the dmesg implied Intel parts for
the various controllers but I didnt have it on
serial console.  However,  I just got the board
at the end of the day and didt have time to
fiddle too much.  I will try and update the BIOS
on Monday and try a few settings to see if I can get it booting.

         ---Mike