portupgrade not working for all ports

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Fri Oct 27 14:34:14 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 09:25:54PM -0500, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> Not sure what's causing this, but I'm seeing the "script" child
> processes spawned by portupgrade consuming an inordinate amount of CPU,
> as much as 80+%.  This does make the configure stage appear to hang
> interminably much of the time.
>
> This is under 7.0-CURRENT/amd64 with both portupgrade and
> portupgrade-devel.  It's gotten so bad, in fact, that I find myself
> more and more resorting to manually upgrading ports, which works fine
> and does not hog CPU at all.

I caught such a behaviour as well on my -CURRENT from Oct 21
(with SSP patch applied).  I saw once script(1) eating most of
the CPU and another time, this was dialog(1).  I was running
portupgrade -af with some MAKE_ARGS in pkgtools.conf.
I haven't taken time to inverstigate, though.

Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen