Ethernet Switch and MIPS

Marcos Biscaysaqu marcos at thepacific.net
Thu Oct 12 15:32:47 PDT 2006

Hi there.

            We have a very interesting Embebed FreeBSD base system using
Netgraph, BGP, Voip over IP (SER and Asterisk), PF, Remote Desktop Client
(netboot), VLANs, Q-in-Q Vlan, VPN, L2tp, pptp, Xmail, Dhcp server, Wireless
etc.. All the setting and config files are created by a "central management
Platform"  (Web Interface and  Database) . We have more than 600 of this
devices running different services for 4 years.  We would like to release an
open free version of the system and also a commercial one and we would like
to know if you know about some kind of "Ethernet switch"  from 8 to 24 ports
able to run Freebsd  and also if somebody could give us an opinion or ideas,
we would like to know if this could be an interesting idea to do for the
Freebsd community.

Thanks

Marcos Biscaysaqu