6.2-BETA2 Dell PE1950

Doug Ambrisko ambrisko at ambrisko.com
Wed Oct 4 21:59:29 PDT 2006

Fredrik Widlund writes:
| An update, right now the BCE nic seems to work, I'm not sure exactly why
| yet. I'm attaching the dmesg however.
|
| SAS adapter is the PERC 5I, which is handled by the MPT driver in
| 6.2-Beta2. I'll continue to look at this. There are some unhandled
| events (0x12, 0x16), but these might not be needed.

You might be confused here.  PERC stands for "Power Edge RAID Controller"
which is the LSI RAID card.  It is supported via the mfi driver.  The
MPT driver supports the non-RAID SAS card.  Okay it can do some RAID
but really isn't a RAID card like the real RAID card.  I do have a
card that is the SAS controller but I haven't played with it much.
I did play with it a little to figure out a different problem and
now it sits on my desk.

Doug A.