Call for Marvell/SysKonnect Yukon II Gigabit Ethernet testers.

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 03:36:48 PDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 09:29:16AM +0900, To freebsd-current at FreeBSD.org wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I've written a driver for Marvell/SysKonnect Yukon II Gigabit
 > Ethernet controller. It supports the following GigE adapters.
 > o SysKonnect SK-9Sxx Yukon Gigabit Ethernet
 > o SysKonnect SK-9Exx Yukon Gigabit Ethernet
 > o Marvell Yukon 88E8021CU Gigabit Ethernet
 > o Marvell Yukon 88E8021 SX/LX Gigabit Ethernet
 > o Marvell Yukon 88E8022CU Gigabit Ethernet
 > o Marvell Yukon 88E8022 SX/LX Gigabit Ethernet
 > o Marvell Yukon 88E8061CU Gigabit Ethernet
 > o Marvell Yukon 88E8061 SX/LX Gigabit Ethernet
 > o Marvell Yukon 88E8062CU Gigabit Ethernet
 > o Marvell Yukon 88E8062 SX/LX Gigabit Ethernet
 > o Marvell Yukon 88E8035 Gigabit Ethernet
 > o Marvell Yukon 88E8036 Gigabit Ethernet
 > o Marvell Yukon 88E8038 Gigabit Ethernet
 > o Marvell Yukon 88E8050 Gigabit Ethernet
 > o Marvell Yukon 88E8052 Gigabit Ethernet
 > o Marvell Yukon 88E8053 Gigabit Ethernet
 > o Marvell Yukon 88E8055 Gigabit Ethernet
 > o D-Link 560T Yukon Gigabit Ethernet

I've updated e1000phy(4) to support Yukon FE and automatic crossover
functions on copper media. I don't have Yukon FE(Fast Ethernet) so I
can't verify e1000phy(4) works on Yukon FE but it seems that automatic
crossover works well on my Yukon EC. Now you don't need to find a
crossover cable to connect two systems.
However, it seems that manual media configutation does not work
correctly. I can't sure it ever worked but I'm working on it.

The updated e1000phy(4) also supports two additional PHY models which
are supposed to be used on nfe(4). So if you use nfe(4) on CURRENT and
ukphy(4) is attached on your NIC, please give e1000(4) go.
If your Marvell NIC still use ukphy(4) please let me know what PHY
models it is.(Set debug.bootverbose to 1 with sysctl(8) and load the
driver module again. ukphy(4) will tell you OUI/model number for you.)

As usual you can get the latest msk(4) driver from the following URL.
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/msk/msk.HEAD.diff

ATM the msk(4) has Rx performance issue. Because no documentation is
available for Yukon II, I can't sure I can fix it but I'll do my best
to address it.

TODO:
Fix manual media configuration(e1000phy(4)).
Performance tuning.
Rx TCP/UDP checksum offload.
TSO support.
64bit DMA(DAC) support.

Thank you.

PS. I'll not be available for 2 weeks so please don't look forward to
    getting quick reply.
--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon