calcru-triggered panic?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Nov 29 15:47:13 PST 2006

:I don't know how to do it in a platform-independent way.  For i386,
:I'd check %esp and see if it's getting close to a 2x page boundary.
:
:Scott

    It's really easy.  Just pre-initialize the stack to a fixed value when
    it is allocated, like 0xabcd1234, then write a little KVM utility which
    scans the stack for each thread on the system, determines how much of it
    is used, and prints out the values.

    You can also figure out approximately what routines were running so
    deep in the stack by scanning the used portion of the stack for
    procedural return PCs.  There are usually a ton scattered around
    the stack.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon at backplane.com>