Latest Broadcom NDIS driver requires 4 additional functions

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 22:14:36 PST 2006

On 11/25/06, Rainer Alves <rainer.alves at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rainer Alves wrote:
> > Scot Hetzel wrote:
> >> I'm trying to upgrade my ndis driver from version 3.100.64.0 to
> >> 4.40.19.0, but when I try to load the driver I get a Fatal trap 12
> >> error.
> >> [...]
> > However under FreeBSD + NDIS, the led is always red and the chip is
> > never properly activated.
>
> Replying to myself, the new driver works... I get a "no match for
> MmGetPhysicalAddress" when kldload'ing, a "fpudna in kernel mode" when
> doing a ifconfig, but overrall it works fine.
> Thanks for the hint.

It works, but when I do a scan with ifconfig it returns with:

# ifconfig ndis0 scan
ifconfig: unable to get scan results

# ifconfig ndis0 list scan
ifconfig: unable to get scan results

But using the wpa_cli, and doing a scan and scan_results, does display
the wireless networks.

I implemented the MmGetPhysicalAddress using pmap_kextract, as it
didn't like using the vtophy macro when compiling ntoskrnl.c.

Just add IMPORT_SFUNC_MAP(MmGetPhysicalAddress, pmap_kextract, 1) to
ntoskrnl.c, and remove everything in the #ifdef MMGETPHYSICALADDRESS
.. #endif.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.