unkillable qemu: sleeping in devdrn state

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at freebsd.org
Thu Nov 23 04:08:41 PST 2006

Hi,

>>>>> On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 01:04:36 -0800
>>>>> Bakul Shah <bakul at bitblocks.com> said:

bakul> With  a fairly recent -current kernel qemu sleeps in "devdrn"
bakul> state and is unkillable.  /proc doesn't have qemu's pid entry
bakul> but it does show up in a ps listing!  This bug is not 100%
bakul> repeatable but close enough.  AFAIK this problem appears only
bakul> when kqemu is used with qemu.

Though I'm not using qemu, I met similar problem with portupgrade.
The portupgrade sleeps in "devdrm" state.
Don't you set kern.pts.enable to 1?  It seems the problem doesn't
occur when kern.pts.enable=0.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/