sendfile data corruption

Pawel Worach pawel.worach at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 03:56:31 PST 2006

Andre Oppermann wrote:

> I'm looking into the problem.  Please try a binary FTP transfer as well
> and check if the checksums match. ftpd uses sendfile(2) as well but w/o
> headers or trailers and does the send in one swoop.

Oh, didn't think of that, ftpd is ok, transferring a 64MB file does not
trash it. Meanwhile a couple of other things where tested, SMP disabled
(removed from kernel config), added some printf's which when printing to
a serial console moves the offset where the breakage begins to
0x01000000, sometimes.

--
Pawel