SCTP is in the Tree :-)

Randall Stewart rrs at cisco.com
Thu Nov 9 14:40:19 UTC 2006

Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 03:59:03PM -0500, Randall Stewart wrote:
>
>>Project plans:
>>
>> - Debug/debug debug :-)
>> - Continuted code improvements
>> - Performance improvements if we can :-)
>> - Continue to support a multi-platform
>>   stack for MAC-OS X/NetBSD/FreeBSD6.x
>>   and other platforms.
>> - Add appropriate features (in the future).
>>

> An sctp(4) manpage similar to tcp(4) would be in order.
>
> Or is there some other place (don't mention code, it's
> scary for its 54k+ lines ;-) where the socket SCTP API
> is currently documented?
>

> Cheers,
If you look on one of my postings.. I actually want to
verify where to place man pages.. I don't have a
sctp(4).. which is a GREAT idea..

But I do have

sctp_sendmsg(2)
sctp_recvmsg(2)
sctp_send(2)

And maybe one other that I am not remembering this
early without a cup of coffee..

Can I just put these in the doc tree under man2.. and man4
(assuming I write sctp(4))? (after of course getting
gnn's approval).. or is there some other process to
check documents in?

Randall Stewart
NSSTG - Cisco Systems Inc.
803-345-0369 <or> 803-317-4952 (cell)