libpthread shared library version number

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at sippysoft.com
Thu Nov 2 00:06:49 UTC 2006

Guys,

I have noticed that libpthread shared library version number in 6-STABLE
and 7-CURRENT is the same (.2), which causes all threaded application
compiled for 6-STABLE to segfault when executed on 7-CURRENT system,
unless libpthread.so.2 is replaced with with its 6-STABLE version which
in turn will create problems with threaded apps compiled for 7-CURRENT.
IMHO we should increase version number in current, so that it is in the
line of what we have for other system libraries.

Any objections?

Regards,

Maxim