rcorder problem when booting CURRENT

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue Mar 21 17:55:02 UTC 2006

On 2006-03-21 12:24, Ganbold <ganbold at micom.mng.net> wrote:
> Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> >Still a core dump is a core dump.  Can you build a debugging version of
> >rcorder and try again?  This time the stack trace may be more useful.
>
> How to enable debugging? I manually added in rcorder.c:
>
> #define DEBUG 1
> #ifdef DEBUG
> int debug = 1; /* changed to from 0 to 1 */
>
> Maybe above is wrong.

Indeed, it is not really right.  The right way of building a debugging
executable that is part of the FreeBSD base system is to use DEBUG_FLAGS:

    # cd /usr/src/sbin/rcorder
    # make cleandir
    # make cleandir
    # env DEBUG_FLAGS='-g' make obj all install

Then you should have a `/sbin/rcorder' executable that is not stripped
and includes debugging information.  After it dumps core, please let us
know of the new backtrace.

Thank you for taking the time to do all these tests to track down why
rcorder dumps core in this case :-)