[CFR] Upgrading base version of our resolver in libc to BIND9

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 17 11:43:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

ume> I wish to upgrade the base version of our resolver in libc to BIND9's
ume> one.

I updated the patches:

    - merged our local changes more.
    - defined some IPv6 related definitions.
    - thread-safeness for mtctxres which is used from res_debug.
    - upgraded the base version of inet_*(3) to BIND9's one as well.
    - re-made the patch against latest HEAD.

The patches are:

    http://www.imasy.or.jp/~ume/FreeBSD/libc-bind9-7c-20060317.diff.gz
	(for HEAD as of today)
    http://www.imasy.or.jp/~ume/FreeBSD/libc-bind9-6s-20060317.diff.gz
	(for RELENG_6 as of today)

You need to remove some obsolete files.  Please refer the instruction
written in the head of the patch.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/