kernel compile PAE option

Balgansuren Batsukh balgaa at mongol.net
Thu Mar 16 05:28:32 UTC 2006

Hello,

I done FreeBSD-6.1-RELEASE on Dell PowerEdge 6800 server with 32GB RAM and cvsuped to March 16 our localtime.

When I try to compile kernel options PAE i get following error:
===> aha (all)

cc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -Werror -D_KERNEL -DKLD_MODULE -nostdinc -I- -DHAVE_KERNEL_OPTION_HEADERS -include /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BASE/opt_global.h -I . -I@ -I@/contrib/altq -I@/../include -finline-limit=8000 -fno-common -g -I/usr/ obj/usr/src/sys/BASE -mno-align-long-strings -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -mno- mmx -mno-3dnow -mno-sse -mno-sse2 -ffreestanding -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wneste d-externs -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wc ast-qual -fformat-extensions -std=c99 -c /usr/src/sys/modules/aha/../../dev/aha /aha.c

/usr/src/sys/modules/aha/../../dev/aha/aha.c: In function `ahaaction':

/usr/src/sys/modules/aha/../../dev/aha/aha.c:848: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules/aha.

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BASE.

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

base#

Kernel config file:

============

machine i386

#cpu I486_CPU

#cpu I586_CPU

cpu I686_CPU

ident BASE

# To statically compile in device wiring instead of /boot/device.hints

#hints "GENERIC.hints" # Default places to look for devices.

makeoptions DEBUG=-g # Build kernel with gdb(1) debug symbols

options SCHED_ULE # ULE scheduler

#options SCHED_4BSD # 4BSD scheduler

options PREEMPTION # Enable kernel thread preemption

options INET # InterNETworking

options FFS # Berkeley Fast Filesystem

options SOFTUPDATES # Enable FFS soft updates support

options UFS_ACL # Support for access control lists

options UFS_DIRHASH # Improve performance on big directories

options MD_ROOT # MD is a potential root device

options CD9660 # ISO 9660 Filesystem

options PROCFS # Process filesystem (requires PSEUDOFS)

options PSEUDOFS # Pseudo-filesystem framework

options GEOM_GPT # GUID Partition Tables.

options COMPAT_43 # Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]

options COMPAT_FREEBSD4 # Compatible with FreeBSD4

options COMPAT_FREEBSD5 # Compatible with FreeBSD5

options SCSI_DELAY=5000 # Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI

options KTRACE # ktrace(1) support

options SYSVSHM # SYSV-style shared memory

options SYSVMSG # SYSV-style message queues

options SYSVSEM # SYSV-style semaphores

options _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING # POSIX P1003_1B real-time extensions

options KBD_INSTALL_CDEV # install a CDEV entry in /dev

options AHC_REG_PRETTY_PRINT # Print register bitfields in debug

# output. Adds ~128k to driver.

options ADAPTIVE_GIANT # Giant mutex is adaptive.

options IPFIREWALL #firewall

options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE #enable logging to syslogd(8)

options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100 #limit verbosity

options IPDIVERT #divert sockets

options IPFILTER #ipfilter support

options IPFILTER_LOG #ipfilter logging

options IPFILTER_LOOKUP #ipfilter pools

device apic # I/O APIC

options PAE

# Bus support.

#device eisa

device pci

# Floppy drives

device fdc

# ATA and ATAPI devices

device ata

device atadisk # ATA disk drives

#device ataraid # ATA RAID drives

device atapicd # ATAPI CDROM drives

device atapifd # ATAPI floppy drives

#device atapist # ATAPI tape drives

options ATA_STATIC_ID # Static device numbering

# SCSI Controllers

device ahc # AHA2940 and onboard AIC7xxx devices

device mpt

# SCSI peripherals

device scbus # SCSI bus (required for SCSI)

device ch # SCSI media changers

device da # Direct Access (disks)

device sa # Sequential Access (tape etc)

device cd # CD

device pass # Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)

device ses # SCSI Environmental Services (and SAF-TE)

# RAID controllers interfaced to the SCSI subsystem

device amr # AMI MegaRAID

ce atkbdc # AT keyboard controller

device atkbd # AT keyboard

device psm # PS/2 mouse

device vga # VGA video card driver

device splash # Splash screen and screen saver support

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console

device sc

device agp # support several AGP chipsets

# Power management support (see NOTES for more options)

#device apm

# Add suspend/resume support for the i8254.

device pmtimer

device em # Intel PRO/1000 adapter Gigabit Ethernet Card

device miibus # MII bus support

device bge # Broadcom BCM570xx Gigabit Ethernet

# Pseudo devices.

device loop # Network loopback

device random # Entropy device

device ether # Ethernet support

device pty # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)

device md # Memory "disks"

device bpf # Berkeley packet filter

# USB support

device uhci # UHCI PCI->USB interface

device ohci # OHCI PCI->USB interface

device ehci # EHCI PCI->USB interface (USB 2.0)

device usb # USB Bus (required)

device ugen # Generic

device uhid # "Human Interface Devices"

device ukbd # Keyboard

device umass # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da

device ums # Mouse

Balgaa