skype (Was: Re: flash and firefox)

Wed Mar 15 21:26:25 UTC 2006

Am Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:13:08 -0500
schrieb Graham Todd <gtodd at bellanet.org>:

> Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > Graham Todd <gtodd at bellanet.org> wrote:
> >
> >> One other compat application that rarely works correctly on FreeBSD for
> >> me is Skype. It could be a problem between screen and chair of course,
> >> but if anyone with a working setup for these apps has thoroughly
> >> documented how they did things, I'd gladly RTFM :)
> >
> > Which FreeBSD version, which sound driver, which problems?
>
> 6.0-RELEASE

You will have a lot of fun with 6.1 (or 6-stable) then. It will contain
the improved sound system.

> Sound apps mostly all work fine except for skype flash and other
> linux-compat applications.  Skype is unable to use /dev/dsp.

Is your linux_base the default one and up-to-date? If not: please use
an up-to-date default one.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
            Yes, I've heard of "decaf." What's your point?
WL http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/registry/1FZ4DTHQE9PQ8/ref=wl_em_to/