When will bsnmp stop breaking -current builds

Daniel Eischen deischen at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 8 13:24:22 UTC 2006

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Harti Brandt wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Daniel Eischen wrote:
>
> DE>We have this problem on 3 different systems.  What's going on.
> DE>Can I please remove bsnmpd from the build????
>
> You seem to be the only one having this problem, so this looks like a
> problem on your side. Generally the gensnmptree tool does not put a
> reference to these functions into tree.c because the MIB variables they
> are attached to are all no-access. So either you use a wrong gensnmptree
> (a very old one), or there is something wrong with
> contrib/bsnmp/snmpd/tree.def.

The systems having the problem are running from worlds built
within the last couple of weeks.  I've tried manually building
tree.c from both the installed gensnmptree and the new buildworld
gensnmptree (using the gensnmptree from /usr/obj/... after the
world failed).  Both generate the unreferenced functions in
tree.c.

If I build (buildworld, without installworld) -current on a
6-stable box, the build works and the generated tree.c does
not have the unreferenced fuunctions.  Manually running
gensnmptree from obj/.../bsnmpd/gensnmptree/gensnmptree
on tree.def also does not produce a tree.c with the unreferenced
functions.

> Could you send me the tree.c from the object
> directory (usr.sbin/bsnmpd/bsnmpd/tree.c)? Do you cross build?

No, I don't cross build.  CFLAGS=-O -pipe
I'll send that to you when I get back to work.

--
DE