kern/93942: panic: ufs_dirbad: bad dir

Dmitry Pryanishnikov dmitry at atlantis.dp.ua
Thu Mar 2 08:37:51 GMT 2006

Hello!

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>> I have been working with the bad dir problem for several months and I
>> have not had corruption which fsck would not correct.
>
> Me either, but that's surely small comfort to Yarema :-)

  I think it would be great if originator of this PR tried to mount damaged fs
ro, found broken directory (I think ino 2 is always the root directory,
isn't it?), dumped and analyzed it's contents in order to find out how the
corruption looks like. Then we could at least recreate the result of
the corruption on test filesystem (by binary editing the media) and
teach fsck how to cure such corruptions.

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator
e-mail:  dmitry at atlantis.dp.ua