Linux-flashplugin7 & rtld - RFC

Sun Jun 25 11:48:20 UTC 2006

Quoting Norikatsu Shigemura <nork at FreeBSD.org> (from Sun, 25 Jun 2006
19:14:05 +0900):

> Case of current LPW approch:
>
> 	If You use following setting:
> /etc/libmap.conf -----------------------------------------------
> [/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7/libflashplayer.so]
> libpthread.so.0			??????????????
> libdl.so.2			??????????????
> libz.so.1			libz.so.3
> libm.so.6			??????????????
> libc.so.6			??????????????
> /etc/libmap.conf -----------------------------------------------
> 	(*) ?????????????? is nork-flash7.so or deischen-flash7.so or
> 	    libc.so.7/libm.so.4/libpthread.so.2.
>

> 	You can get following result:
>
>                |  wrapper  | wrapper/glibc w/o   | wrapper/glibc w/ | none
> ---------------+-----------+---------------------+------------------+-----
> libc           |    NG     |         NG          |   may be NG      |  ng
> libc/glibc-ver |    ng     |      may be NG      |   may be NG      |  ng
> libc/glibc     |    ok     |      may be OK      |   may be OK      |  OK
>
> NOTE #1 -----------------------------------------------------------------
> libc:			src/lib/libc without SYMVER_ENABLED
> libc/glibc-ver:		src/lib/libc with SYMVER_ENABLED + GLIBC Versions.def
> libc/glibc:		src/lib/libc with SYMVER_ENABLED
> 				+ GLIBC Versions.def + GLIBC Functions
> NOTE #2 -----------------------------------------------------------------
> wrapper:		nork's LPW
> wrapper/glibc w/o:	(deischen's LPW)++.
> 			I saw deischen's LPW, and I think that deischen's
> 			approch almost works.
> wrapper/glibc w/:	(deischen's LPW)++ with libc/libm/libptread
>
> NOTE #3 --------------------------------------------------------------------
> OK:		I confirmed that this is good works.
> ok:		I considered that this is good works.
> may be OK:	I didn't confirmed, but I think that this is good works.
> may be NG:	I didn't confirmed, but I think that this is not works.
> ng:		I considered that this is not works.
> NG:		I confirmed that this is not works.

Did you try to use LD_PRELOAD=libglibcwrapper in the firefox start
script (or in the shell for testing)? The libglibcwrapper should
contain the version information and glibc symbols. Does/could/should
this work?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
It's amazing how much "mature wisdom" resembles being too tired.