Linux-flashplugin7 & rtld - RFC

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Wed Jun 21 07:26:27 UTC 2006

I tried to follow http://www.jail.se/freebsd.html  with
http://www.jail.se/freebsd/rtld_dlsym_hack.diff  patch.

> Do you see "Shockwave Flash 7.*" plugin installed when selecting "Help
> -> About Plug-ins" in your browser?

I see Shockwave Flash 7.0 r63 enabled in about:plugins.

> If so, it just means that this plugin (Shockwave Flash 7) was
> previuosly inactive, and now you're seeing it in action (in this
> particular case, hanging the browser). So just remove
> linux-flashplugin-* port, and you'll get the original behaviour (no
> hangs, no flash either).

Most probably it will work by removing linux-flashplugin*, but I would
like to use flash plugin.
Probably there is some other issue and it is not related to the patch.

> If you haven't
> this plugin (linux-flashplugin aka Macromedia Flash Player for Linux)
> installed, this is completely new problem. I'll try to install
> native Firefox from ports this evening and then check whether rtld
> patch itself (w/o linux-flashplugin) changes anything.
Please let me know how it works.

thanks,

Ganbold