Linux-flashplugin7 & rtld - RFC

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 21 06:26:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

>>>>> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 08:14:37 +0200
>>>>> Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> said:

cejkar> I'm not sure, if it is a related problem, but when I unsuccessfully
cejkar> tried to make it work on -current, where another problem with versioning
cejkar> does exist, I have found that there is one problem with /etc/libmap.conf,
cejkar> which makes it seriously "broken": All already loaded shared libs are
cejkar> impossible to remap later. This means that when mozilla is started in
cejkar> 6-stable, it loads our native /lib/libc.so.6, and then there is no chance
cejkar> to remap libc.so.6 for Linux's libflashplayer.so later, needed by

cejkar> [/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7/libflashplayer.so]
cejkar> libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/flash7.so

cejkar> because rtld thinks, that libc.so.6 for libflashplayer.so is already
cejkar> loaded. Does anybody know, if it is ever possible to fix it?

You can see the following lines in www/linuxpluginwrapper/Makefile:

	.if		 ${OSVERSION} >= 700009
	IGNORE=		doesn't support ELF symbol versioning, yet.
	.endif

Nork-san says that it is hard to make LPW work on 7-CURRENT.  But, he
is trying to make it work with another approach.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/