FreeBSD 6.1 Installation Prob

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Thu Jun 15 09:32:47 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 10:50:26AM +0530, John S wrote:
>    I am trying to install FreeBSD on my machine

This isn't the right place for this question; the right place is
"freebsd-questions", or possibly "freebsd-stable"

FYI, "freebsd-current" doesn't mean "the most recently released FreeBSD",
even though it might sound like that. It actually means "today's
bleeding-edge experimental development code", not released except via CVS.
If you're installing from a 6.1 CD, that's not what you have.

HTH,

Brian.