buildkernel upgrade path from 6.1-RELEASE broken?

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 12 14:29:49 UTC 2006

Over the weekend, I installed a new 6.1 box with the intent of updating
7-CURRENT, and ran into a number of build problems:

(1) atkbdc_isa.c seems to be missing an include of machine/bus.h, without
     which it fails because bus_space_read_1() is undefined.

(2) In acpi.c, 'acpi_do_disable' is undefined.  Since I can't find a
     definition with a simple grep, possibly it's undefined in -CURRENT too and
     people are failing to whine.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
Universty of Cambridge