dhclient on 7-CURRENT refuse to cooperate (no DHCPOFFER)

Etienne Robillard granted14 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 10 20:37:24 UTC 2006

I upgraded to a one-week old 7-CURRENT (HEAD) on a
i386
type system and it seems like the OpenBSD dhclient app
wont work for me...

It worked a while, but for some reasons, its
impossible
to get a lease. The symptoms are:
- DHCPDISCOVER...
- DHCPDISCOVER...
and thats pretty much it. It doesnt pass that point,
and
thus is can't proceed with DHCPOFFER nor with
DHCPPACK...

Also, I tried running /sbin/dhclient from the OpenBSD
cd, and it works! So, it looks to me that somehow
there's something wrong here, but its really hard to
make any further diagnosis.

The  value  of ``kern.osreldate`` is: 700017.

Whether there's a patch or a work-around it would be
really great to know how to apply--please let me know
:-)

Thanks,
Etienne

--