Linux-flashplugin7 & rtld - RFC

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 2 01:41:15 UTC 2006

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:48:12 +0200
Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net> wrote:
> Did you try to use LD_PRELOAD=libglibcwrapper in the firefox start
> script (or in the shell for testing)? The libglibcwrapper should
> contain the version information and glibc symbols. Does/could/should
> this work?

	I hope works good.  But I confirmed that firefox is freeze.
	I re-installed firefox, but firefox's libraries don't have
	any symbols versioning.

$ readelf -s /usr/X11R6/lib/firefox/firefox-bin | grep @
     7: 00000000   209 FUNC    GLOBAL DEFAULT  UND puts at FBSD_1.0 (2)
     9: 00000000    49 FUNC    GLOBAL DEFAULT  UND fprintf at FBSD_1.0 (2)
	:
$ readelf -s /usr/X11R6/lib/firefox/lib*.so | less
  (please check some functions like /\@FBSD_[enter])

	I don't know why there is no symbol versioning in firefox's
	libraries, too.

	This may be a ENVIRONMENT ISSUE.  After I enabled
	SYMVER_ENABLED=yes, I recompiled firefox, nspr and gtk/glib.
	It may be not enougth...