/c: unmount pending error: blocks -68512 files 0

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Sat Jan 28 14:09:51 PST 2006

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 09:45:39PM -0600 I heard the voice of
Craig Boston, and lo! it spake thus:

> I ended up having to modify the script to unmount /config completely
> and then mount it read-only...

I've modified my CVSup script (the cvs repo is on a r/o partition, to
save me fscking a half million inodes) to end with a nice pretty
"sync;sync;sync ; sleep 2 ; sync;sync ; sleep 1 ; sync" sequence
before it remounts the partition r/o.  Unmounting I s'pose would work
to (and I do that on my box that's a little more -current where I
_can't_ mount -u many partitions), though that doesn't work quite so
well for partition like /...

> I don't think it's quite the same as Kris's problem though as I've
> never seen it with a negative number.

Thinking back, I don't believe I have either.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net