CURRENT incredibly slow

Beech Rintoul akbeech at alaskaparadise.com
Wed Jan 25 13:29:47 PST 2006

On Wednesday 25 January 2006 11:38, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
>   Anyone else noticing a strong regression in HEAD? I don't
> see it on most of my boxes - PIV, Athlon, but I see it on my
> notebook, which is PIII. The most X applications - firefox,
> xmms are almost unusable. xterm is very slow.
>
> I've already started on binary search and interested whether
> anyone can confirm this disaster?

See "HEADSUP:malloc changeover" in the Jan archives. Having all the debugging
enabled significantly slowed down my -CURRENT box. Undefine the following in
src/lib/libc/stdlib/malloc.c if you don't have any issues:

MALLOC_DEBUG
MALLOC_STATS
MALLOC_REDZONES

Cheers,

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - akbeech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise Travel
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com