login, telnetd not updating utmp etc on -CURRENT

Chris Hedley cbh-freebsd-current at groups.chrishedley.com
Tue Jan 24 03:47:21 PST 2006

I've noticed on recent versions of -CURRENT that utmp, wtmp and lastlog
aren't being updated by login and telnetd; however, sshd still seems to be
working as expected.  This is happening on both my systems so I'm guessing
it's not something weird that I'm doing (although I'm open to the
possibility that it might be!)  I've only noticed this recently as prior
to a few days back I'd only been using sshd on my FreeBSD systems, but the
older one's telnetd is of 13-Oct-2005 vintage, if that's of any use.

Cheers,

Chris.