SUMMARY: Fast releases demand binary updates..

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Jan 16 20:42:10 PST 2006

In message: <20060112080856.GI84964 at svcolo.com>
            Jo Rhett <jrhett at svcolo.com> writes:
: 20-something people telling me that my shorthand for -core proves that I'm
: an idiot.  It wasn't the topic, and it doesn't change the real question one
: bit, but it's a great chance for everyone to call me an idiot.

core at freebsd.org has a very specific meaning, that is well documented
in the FreeBSD handbook.  As a member of the core team, I'm deply
offended by your inapprorpiate use of the term, and your intransigence
when people try to steer you to the 10 year+ established usage of that
term.  I'm also deeply offended that you've accused us of doing
something very bad which we have not in fact done.  I'm angry that
you've not even appologized for this misuse, but insist that somehow
your usage must be right, and everyone else must be wrong.  Please use
the accepted meaning of the term if you want to be understood by the
rest of the community.

I never once called you an idoit.  I only said that you were wrong and
dared you to prove me wrong.  You've not taken me up on that offer I
see.  Please do not confuse my telling you that your facts are
incorrect with any kind of name calling.  I'll bet that 19 of the 20
people you claim called you an idiot were in fact just pointing out
your mistake and that none of them used the word idiot to describe you
or your mistake.

Thank you for your attention to these details...

Warner