Fast releases demand binary updates.. (Was: Release schedule for 2006 )

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Thu Jan 12 20:43:45 PST 2006

Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 07:13:46AM -0600, Eric Anderson wrote:
>
>> I'm just mentioning it as a data point, that it is pretty hard to find
>> a committer willing to mentor someone, or at a minimum, give them pointers.
>> [...] Maybe, on the FreeBSD developers page, we could have a list of
>> categories and mentors for those categories for those willing to work on
>> code to contact with questions, etc.  Then committers could volunteer as
>> a mentor for a category they enjoy.
>>

> You might find http://www.freebsd.org/projects/ideas/ useful.
>
> mcl

Well, it's helpful, except a few of the people responsible for projects
on that list are those that are very busy, and somewhat unresponsive.
Are those all people that volunteered to help developers trying to
learn/contribute?  If so, great, but if not, they should be replaced
with some other committers with more spare time available.

Eric