nvidia driver version 9631

Rod Person rodperson at comcast.net
Mon Dec 11 07:35:21 PST 2006

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with the latest nvidia driver on 7 current. This driver
is causing a few problem with my system.

1) When I start X either by using the startx command or using a Graphical
login manager such as gdm or kdm, I can not switch virtual consoles using
ALT+F#. Doing so locks my system.

2) Once X is started, trying to kill X or log out of a window manager using
any method, such as CTRL + Backspace or the exit function of a Window Manager
causes my machine to lock.

In either case, the only thing I can do is hit the power button and reset.

I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this or has any suggestions on
correcting this behavior. Currently I switched to the nv driver, but that
driver does not support the max resolution of my widescreen monitor
(1680x1050) only the nvidia driver does.

My graphics card is XFX ndivida 7800 GTX with 256MB Ram. I last rebuilt my
world on Dec 9th. Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks

Rod