samba-cups-pdf virtual printer

fulan Peng fulanpeng at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 00:06:29 PST 2006

Hi,
I am using 6.1. I just went /usr/ports/net/samba3 and print/cups-pdf
and did make clean installs. I made samba_enable="YES" and
cupsd_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf file. I managed to make swat
running and the cupsd listening at 631. I went http://192.158.0.1:631,
I clicked printer and add button, it showed Name, Location,
Description, then there is an add button. From Samba's swat, I could
not find any printer either. I added a printer named cups. Now I do
not know what I should do in cupsd at http://192.168.0.1:631/admin.
When making Samba, I just selected CUPS and no other options and I
choose share for the security options.
Please help to give some hint to make Samba-Cups-pdf writer work!
Thanks a lot!

Fulan Peng.