HEADS UP: compat6x

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Wed Dec 6 14:00:59 PST 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 03:55:57PM +0000 I heard the voice of
Florent Thoumie, and lo! it spake thus:

> While it might be a good idea to rebuild every X application after
> X.org 7.2 is merged, I don't think it's mandatory.

I just a few weeks ago updated my system, and xpostit stopped working.
Couldn't figure out why.  Until I noticed the file had a mtime in
early 1999.  Apparently I built it way back then against XFree86 3.3
(3.2?  maybe...), and it kept on working up through Xorg 6.9 now until
some old compat (3.x?) code got yanked out of the kernel.

So, I wouldn't expect it to be so much _mandatory_   ;)

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net