athstats and flush stats

Sam Leffler sam at errno.com
Thu Aug 31 15:58:23 UTC 2006

Daniel Dvoøák wrote:
> Hello Sam and all,
>
> could you tell me how to reset or flush the stats ?
>
> I use athstats on ahdemo links to watch OFDM timing errors as you have told
> me last time, but it seems it is cumulative stats and iface down and up, it
> does not help.
>
> How-to fulsh except for reboot the computer ?

There is no way (currently) to clear the kernel stat counters.  It'd be
easy to add but I personally hate to lose data and would prefer that
reporting stats relative to an event or time be done by user code (e.g.
by recording the stat block and showing differences).  Another option
might be keeping 2 stat blocks in the kernel and adding an ioctl that
snap's the state of the stats so user apps can report data relative to
the snapshot.  This issue is really kinda generic (i.e. relevant to
all/many statistics kept in the kernel).

	Sam