bge(4) on BCM 5752 A02 panic due to media autoselect

LI Xin delphij at delphij.net
Thu Aug 31 10:43:41 UTC 2006

Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 04:16:49PM +0800, LI Xin wrote:
>  > Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
[snip]
>  > > It would be great if you can test the brgphy patch. I'll commit the
>  > > patch if it work on your box.
>  >
>  > Sure, I would be more than happy to do that.  Which brgphy patch do you
>  > want me to test?  (I have patched brgphy.c and miidevs to make BCM5752
>  > to attach as brgphy and it resolved the panic, but I am not quite sure
>  > if that is what you want, though)
>  >

> That's exactly the same patch I've made for stable.
> (You've already patched it to work on CURRENT.)

That's nice! Will you commit it against -CURRENT so we have a reasonable
settlement period and MFC it before we ship 6.2-RELEASE?  Because bge(4)
is widely deployed, it's important to make sure that maximum
compatibility is being maintained across releases, so getting it into
the -CURRENT earlier will provide more feedbacks.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve!