HEADS UP: GCC 3.4.6 update in progress

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Wed Aug 30 01:29:29 UTC 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:04:47 -0700, Steve Kargl
<sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 05:50:22PM -0500, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> >
> > Incidentally, I've been wondering for the longest time now: is/are
> > there any particular reason(s) why we exclude gcj from the gcc
> > tree/build? Sure would be a cool thing to have.
> >

> 1) It's not needed to build anything in the base system.
> 2) It takes a long time to build.
> 3) You really want to use the gcc41 or gcc42 port.
>
> Of course, IMHO.

I've tried both ports, but gcj fails to run, complaining about a
missing "spec" file (I forget the exact filename, maybe
"gcjlib.spec" or something similar).  :-(

Is this maybe an arch-specific (amd64) problem?  Or?

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"