[HEADS UP]: OpenLDAP+nss_ldap+nss_modules separated patch and more (SoC)

Wed Aug 23 17:14:25 UTC 2006

Quoting Kostik Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com> (Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:46:52 +0300):

> On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 05:23:16PM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > Quoting Kostik Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com> (from Wed, 23 Aug 2006
> > 13:36:04 +0300):

> > >This will not work. bsdxml is used inside the system binaries. No binary
> > >links again expat and bsdxml simultaneously. Would such binary exists,
> > >it could experience problems.
> > >
> > >On the other hand, application using openldap from the ports has high
> > >chance
> > >renamed library, this would cause the crash.
> >
> > And this can't be solved with symbol versioning?
>
> Probably not. Default openldap build produces unversioned libraries.
> Application linked against such library would happily resolve symbols
> from the versioned lib.

Why? In which case does this make sense? Is this an implementation
detail or the spec?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
   If you care, you just get disappointed all the time. If you don't care
nothing matters so you are never upset.	  -- Calvin