[zfs-discuss] Re: [fbsd] Porting ZFS file system to FreeBSD.

Mark Maybee Mark.Maybee at Sun.COM
Tue Aug 22 16:02:18 UTC 2006

Michael Schuster - Sun Microsystems wrote:
> Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 04:30:44PM +0200, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know much about ZFS, but Sun states this is a "128 bits"
>>> filesystem.  How will you handle this in regards to the FreeBSD
>>> kernel interface that is already struggling to be 64 bits
>>> compliant ?  (I'm stating this based on this URL [1], but maybe
>>> it's not fully up-to-date.)
>>

>> 128 bits is not my goal, but I do want all the other goodies:)
>

> are you going to attempt on-disk compatibility?
>
> Michael

Amazing work Pawel!  Please do try to maintain on-disk compatibility!
Let us know if you run into anything that might prevent that (or any
other issues that you run across).

-Mark