lpt0 disappear (ppc related)

Rong-En Fan grafan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 12:52:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

After upgrading from Apr 11 to Arp 29. I found that my lpt0 disappearing,
and ppc0 is no longer attached. A binary search finds out that the
recently ppc commit is related. To be more specific, before the ppc
commit I2006.04.24.23.00.00), ppc0 and lpt0 both attached:

ppc0: using extended I/O port range
ppc0: SPP
ppc0: <Standard parallel printer port> port 0x3bc-0x3be irq 7 on acpi0
ppc0: Generic chipset (NIBBLE-only) in COMPATIBLE mode
ppbus0: <Parallel port bus> on ppc0
lpt0: <Printer> on ppbus0
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port
ppc0: [GIANT-LOCKED]

After the ppc commit (2006.04.25.00.00.00), they stop to attach:

ppc0: parallel port found at 0x3bc
ppc0: cannot reserve I/O port range
ppc0: <Parallel port> failed to probe at port 0x3bc-0x3c3 irq 7 on isa0

The dmesg, devinfo before ppc commit and after are available at:

http://www.rafan.org/FreeBSD/ppc/

There is also a make update output shows the difference between
Apr 24 23:00 to Apr 25 00:00.

Thanks,
Rong-En Fan