IBM T60 dmsg 6.1-RC1 (problems will test patches)

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 20 12:17:12 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 04:19 pm, Jung-uk Kim wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 April 2006 03:28 pm, Jung-uk Kim wrote:
> > RELENG_6 does not *display* number of cores but -CURRENT should:
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/amd64/amd64/identcpu.
> >c.diff?r1=1.136&r2=1.140
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/i386/i386/identcpu.c.
> >diff?r1=1.150&r2=1.145
> >
> > One thing that I neglected to MFC... :-(
>
> Here is patch for RELENG_6 and RELENG_6_1 for multicore detection:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/multicore-RELENG_6.diff

This is a good start, but we still need to update the CPU masks
in mp_machdep.c for stuff like the 'hyperthreading_allowed' sysctl
to actually work correctly.  This should probably be MFC'd first
though and the CPU masks fixed in HEAD.

--
John Baldwin <jhb at FreeBSD.org>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
"Power Users Use the Power to Serve"  =  http://www.FreeBSD.org