[CFR] Mergemaster auto upgrade patch

Anton Berezin tobez at tobez.org
Wed Apr 19 09:06:38 UTC 2006

On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 09:37:11AM -0700, Gordon Tetlow wrote:
> I've thrown together a quick mergemaster enhancement (under a new
> command line switch: -U) that will automatically upgrade files that have
> changed in the /usr/src/etc distribution but the user hasn't changed.
> Great applications are for when you trust that the project isn't going
> to break everything and only don't want mergemaster to squash files that
> you have customized.
>
> Patch location:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~gordon/patches/mergemaster.mtree.diff
>
> Please try it out!

I think this is pretty cool, and is better suited for a wider audience
than similar CVS-based solutions proposed earlier
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?id=427743ED.6020200%40FreeBSD.org&db=mid
and
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=0+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2005/freebsd-audit/20050116.freebsd-audit).

The patch looks fine and appears to work as advertized.  :-)  I hope
dougb will pay attention.

\Anton.
--
An undefined problem has an infinite number of solutions.
-- Robert A. Humphrey