tinderbox mail

Thomas Vogt freebsdlists at bsdunix.ch
Sun Apr 16 01:01:27 UTC 2006

Am 16.04.2006 um 02:26 schrieb Andrew Thompson:

> On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 02:05:00AM +0200, Thomas Vogt wrote:
>> Am 16.04.2006 um 01:17 schrieb Kevin Oberman:
>>> The box was running 6.1-BETA from March 13 and Postfix 2.2.10 and
>>> uses
>>> TLS. The one unusual thing about the system is that it receives mail
>>> from our organizational server via IPv6 only.
>>>
>>> Smells a bit like a timing issue in the rc code, but I really am
>>> only
>>> guessing.
>>
>> I can confirm this behavior also for 5.4 machines (postfix-2.2.5,1).
>> On some of my server postfix does not start after a reboot on other
>> it does start. All server are identical in software releases except
>> hardware.
>
> Are you using the right startup method?

> /usr/ports/UPDATING:
>
>  20060112:
>   AFFECTS: users of mail/postfix, mail/postfix1, mail/postfix21,
>                     mail/postfix-current
>   AUTHOR: mnag at FreeBSD.org
>
>   Now all postfix ports use rcNG script to startup. If you have any
> file
>   in etc/rc.d directory linked to sbin/postfix, please remove.
>   Do not forget to add 'postfix_enable="YES"' in your rc.conf

I don't use the methode mentioned in /ports/UPDATING 2006.

I use postfix 2.2.5 which was released in October 2005 and my system
is a FreeBSD 5.4-Release-pX (security branch). So I guess the new
startup methode doesn't affect my system because the rcNG script for
postfix was implemented later..or am I wrong?

I use:
# we have postfix
sendmail_enable="YES"
sendmail_flags="-bd"
sendmail_pidfile="/var/spool/postfix/pid/master.pid"
sendmail_procname="/usr/local/libexec/postfix/master"
sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"

Regards,