CFR: ACPI Dock driver

Mitsuru IWASAKI iwasaki at jp.FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 7 18:21:53 UTC 2006

Hi all

I wrote ACPI Dock driver for RELENG_6 and put at
http://www.freebsd.org/~iwasaki/acpi/acpi_dock-RELENG_6-20060408.tar.gz

Please review and test it.
Testing was done on ThinkPad X40 and X4 UltraBase.

BTW, I'm trying to port this for 7-CURRENT, but the ACPICA function
AcpiNsInitOneDevice() is no longer public in newer version of ACPICA.
Any hints?

Note:
ATA devices are not dock-aware, so you need to detach ATA devices
by `atacontrol detach ata1' before undocking, otherwise the system
will freeze.
# I had not idea where to add DEVMETHOD(device_detach, ata_detach)...

Thanks