ath_hal ndis :/

Sam Leffler sam at errno.com
Tue Sep 27 21:51:12 PDT 2005

Dillon wrote:
> Have you tried ath on 6? I'd try that before screwing around with ndis.
> ath in 6 is much more feature full then in 5.

Channel 6 is in fact the only channel you can use turbo mode in 11g.
However--as I've said many times--using turbo mode in 11g requires that
the ap detect non-turbo stations in the vicinity and automatically drop
out of turbo.  This switching back+forth between turbo and non-turbo
operation is termed...dynamic turbo.  Note this is different
from...static turbo...where the ap and station do not switch in+out of
turbo operation.  There are other things to understand about turbo mode
but for now you only need to know that the ath driver does not support
dynamic turbo mode (in 11a or 11g) but does support static turbo mode
(available only in 11a).  Hence if he wants to use turbo in 11g then he
must use the ndis driver.

	Sam