dhclient getting wedged

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 23 11:09:47 PDT 2005

Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> I noticed, over the last few weeks, that dhclient is getting wedged.
> By that, I mean it's begun consuming unusual amounts of CPU time (such
> that I notice my system running sluggishly) - I identify this by the
> "top" display.
>
> It's resolved by killing the process and restarting.   Though I'm not
> sure where it's getting wedged or why.
>
> I'm on Comcast's network, if that makes any difference.
>
> The version of the OS I have currently is:  6.0-BETA4 FreeBSD 6.0-BETA4
> #0: Wed Sep 14 13:43:03 EDT 2005

Before reporting a problem in -current it's generally a good idea to upgrade
to the latest version of the software and see if your problem persists. In
this case, I think that an upgrade will fix you up.

It's also a good idea to follow this list while running a -current system
(which technically 6.0 still is) to see if your issue gets discussed by others.

hth,

Doug