works good (Was: Re: BETA5: nvidia-driver starts crashing)

Panagiotis Astithas past at ebs.gr
Thu Sep 22 05:05:30 PDT 2005

Stepan Rakhimov wrote:
> Panagiotis Astithas wrote:
>
>>Stepan Rakhimov wrote:

>>>Well, second rebuild helped me,
>>>but now portversion tells that nvidia-driver needs compat5x and
>>>localedata ports... i thought that it should install required ports by
>>>itself. Am i wrong?
>>

>>It must have missed them due to the particular combination of
>>portupgrade flags you used. Just install them on your own and you will
>>be fine. Afterwards you may remove relevant entries from libmap.conf
>>(if, like me, you had them already).
>

> What entries exactly do you mean?
>
> Stepan

After the massive shared library version bump (around 6BETA3, IIRC) I
added a mapping for the old libraries to the new ones, as suggested in
this list. Something like:

libpthread.so.1 libpthread.so.2
libz.so.2 libz.so.3
libm.so.3 libm.so.4

That sort of thing. If you haven't done anything like that, forget about it.

Cheers,

Panagiotis