Can't mount a mixed mode CD from acd

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed Sep 21 17:54:23 PDT 2005

I have burnt a mixed mode audio/data CD (as 'CD Extra!'). I used k3b to make
it and it has 34 tracks in the first session that are audio, and 1 data track
in the second session.

If I mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0 /cdrom I get a panic..
panic: wrong offset 427728896 for sectorsize 2352
g_io_request()
g_vfs_strategy()
breadn()
bread()
cd9660_mount()
vfs_domount()
vfs_donmount()
kernel_mount()
cd9660_mount()
mount()

I presume because the medium sector size is inferred to be 2352 when looking
at the first session :(

If I mount with cd0 it works OK, but I'd say that's because it just assumed a
2k sector size.

This is on a week old -current. On 6.0 it gives EINVAL and doesn't panic.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum