howto add a user with more then 16 characters

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:06:39 PDT 2005

On 9/19/05, Eros <erosgk at epsilonbrasil.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problema by now. I can´t add a user with more then 16 characters.
> I have made
>
> I have modify /usr/include/sys/param.h       and     /usr/include/utmp.h, and after
>
> make buildword
> make buildkernel KERNCONF=( my kernel )
>
> shutodwn now
>
> make installworld
> make installkernel KERNCONF=(my kernel)
>
> mergemaster
>
> reboot
>

> i have try 3 times....and nothing hapennings ...please list ? help-me !!!!! What do i have do wrong ?

You need to modify those files under /usr/src, as modifying the files
under /usr/include will not have the intended affect.

You'll also need to modify the /usr/src/usr.?bin/adduser program to
accept > 16 character user names.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.