audio (acdt01) dump broken? (BETA4 (5))

Emanuel Strobl Emanuel.strobl at gmx.net
Sun Sep 18 16:44:38 PDT 2005

Hello,

tonight I wanted to consolidate (for an upcoming trekstor i.beat organix)
my oggs and therefore eval the difference between reencoded
ogg at 320vbr->ogg at 112 and the original reread wavs(tracks)->ogg at 112vbr.
Unfortunately I couldn't grab my CDs anymore. I can remember I had used 'dd
if=/dev/acd0txx of=/tmp/track.xx bs=2352' but this doesn't work anymore. I
can't replay the bits and with oggenc I get:
ERROR: Input file "track15.wav" is not a supported format

_But_:

cdda2wav -D2,0,0 -t 15 -Owav is working fine!
Result is:

[...*SNIP*]
recording 217.8666 seconds stereo with 16 bits @ 44100.0 Hz ->'audio'...
percent_done:
100%  track 15 recorded successfully
oggenc audio.wav
Opening with wav module: WAV file reader
Encoding "audio.wav" to
         "audio.ogg"
at quality 3,00
        [ 99,9%] [ 0m00s remaining] \